Meet my sister-in-law, JoEllen. Doesn’t she just exude grace and style. Well, I have enlisted her to add some fashion to my Top Five Fridays (well, you are getting two bonus tips this Friday).
Friends, you are in good hands.
Hello! I am JoEllen. I’m an aesthetician, model, fashionista, mother and wife. I love style and creating beautiful things. I love taking inspiration from other people and making it my own. I’m here to keep you up on fashion trends and beauty tips and how to look good and feel confident while doing it. I strongly believe that any body type and any budget can achieve a fresh and stylish look. I look forward to helping you along that journey!
Before we get started, Pantone’s Color Fashion Report has declared Radiant Orchid as the color of the year. So, keep that in mind as you make fashion purchases throughout the year. And here we go…
I believe that any good wardrobe should be built on good staple items, but there should be room for trendy pieces as well. Here’s what I think every closet needs and what’s hot this winter season without breaking the bank to be on trend.
1. Booties! I’m not talking ghetto booties, although those are always in style. I’m talking short boots. You know, booties. Booties look great with skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans, leggings, and skirts. They’re a very versatile shoe that will work throughout the year and can easily be dressed up or down. A great way to spend your money.
2. Plaid, aka tartan. Plaid is hot hot hot! The classic plaid button up shirt can be dressed up with a pencil skirt and statement necklace or for a more casual look with skinny jeans and booties. If you’re afraid to look like a lumber jack, take baby steps and accessorize with a plaid scarf or splashes of plaid in your outfit.
3. Leather! Leather can be quite intimidating, but let me tell you…it’s hot and it can be done classically. If you want to go for bold, then buy a fun leather skirt or jacket. If you’re afraid to look like a biker chic, then use it in moderation and find items that have leather trim or patches. Either way, do it!
4.Fur! Faux fur screams winter to me. What a comfy way to be stylish and classy. A fur vest is a must for those in cold weather climates and it looks great layered with shirts and jackets. Afraid to look like an animal? Play it safe by investing in pieces that have fur trim or a fun fur scarf.
5.Camo is not just for the military folk, but is taking the fashion world by storm. Camo is so easy to incorporate into your wardrobe without looking like you’re dressed in fatigues and ready to report for duty. Take one piece of camo and pair it with a neutral item and you’re ready to look great and on top of what’s hot.
6. Scarves are such a timeless accessory that add some fun color or pattern to your outfit and warmth at the same time. Adding a scarf is such an easy way to polish off your ensemble and a cheap way to stay on trend.
7. Sweatshirts are not just for lazy days spent at home anymore. Sweatshirts are trimmed with lace, leather, floral, and fun prints now that take comfy to a whole new level. They’re so easy to make a stylish outfit by pairing it with skinny or boyfriend jeans, a fun statement necklace, and booties and you’re good to go.
You are for sure going to want to pin this for later.