Martin Luther King High School in Riverside joined with me to help me find their most beautiful girls for a special King High School Beauty Revived campaign. It was an honor to receive more than 50 nominations. There sure are a lot of beautiful girls in Riverside! These stories spoke about kindness and courage. It was definitely hard to choose only four, but I did and the girls chosen are AH-MAZING! For the next few days, I will be introducing the girls chosen. I’m sure you will be amazed.
Payton was nominated because she loves photography and has been taking pictures of her friends to help them see their true beauty. Does that sound like anything you know…BEAUTY REVIVED! Sheesh! This girl is my soul sister. Getting to know her was such a joy!
Here is an interview with Payton:
- To me beauty means being proud of who you are. Society’s definition of beautiful is solely superficial, and I couldn’t disagree more with that. Beauty is someone’s kindness, and positivity, and what they love. Everyone’s beauty is different. Someone’s beauty should be defined by there being, not what they look like.
- My favorite thing about myself would probably by my passion. My love for others and photography and books and my religon and fashion, along with so many other things. I love how invested I am in the things I am passionate about. That it wholly consumes me and composes who I am.
- When I found out I was nominated for beauty revived I was definitely surprised. But I guess it would be because I make a point of constantly being kind. Even going out of my way to make others feel good. I am so incredibly blessed in so many aspects of my life, and if something as simple as being kind can help others then why would I pass that up. Life is definitely difficult, so I really strive to make it easier for some people.
- I know that self image is such a problem today and having confidence issues myself, I try and make others feel beautiful. Something as simple as giving a girl a compliment on her shoes can make her day. I also did a series similar to beauty revived in that I chose 9 girls from my school, gave them a photoshoot, and wrote an article on them and their definition of beauty. This was just a way for me to recognize beauty in these girls and hopefully make them feel as gorgeous as they are.
- At school I am the Vice President and historian of a club called HERO. (Helping Encouraging and Respecting Others) This is a club that a couple of my friends started last year, and I have been so lucky to be involved with. HERO is an anti-bullying club on campus that works to raise awareness and prevent bulling on the schools campus. I am also a photographer on my high school’s yearbook staff.
- My three favorite stores to shop at for clothing and accessories would probably be urban outfitters, free people, and ASOS.
- My best friends would probably describe me as energetic. But we’re all pretty energetic which is probably why we’re really good friends.
- My plans after high school are to attend orange coast college in Costa Mesa. This is a community college that has a really great photography program, which is what I hope to study. I would also love to study literature, because I love reading and writing.
- The most interesting and funniest thing that has happened to me in high school would definitely be my group of friends. In high school it’s hard to find that group of people that you can really trust and love. And I have definitely found it. We’ve been best friends since eight grade, and they are honestly the greatest people I have ever met. I can tell that they genuinely care about me and we have the greatest time together. I love them all so much and I can tell that we will continue to be friends even if we move away from each other after high school just because our bond is so great.
- My favorite candy is sour patch watermelons.
- My favorite social media would probably be instagram and tumblr. I love that I get to post all ofmy photography onto them and share what I love with others.
- My dream job is no doubt something to do with photography. Whether landscape or portrait orfashion I’m not completely sure yet. But I believe the more experience I gain, I will be able to
- My biggest accomplishment so far in high school so far would be this (Beauty Revived). It’s such an incrediblefeeling to know that someone thought of me when they saw this project. I know that being apart of this will not be something I forget.
Are you a senior in Riverside, CA? Well, I’m your girl. Michelle Gifford Photography will give you the ultimate senior photography experience! Contact me now!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram @michellegiffordphotography and Facebook